Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Grain Free Cat Food

For the last couple of years, grain free cat foods seemed to become very popular. A decade ago, if I remember correctly, there was only one brand making grain free cat kibbles. Since cats are obviously carnivores, it’s easy to assume that they must prefer to eat a high protein low carbohydrate diet. In the wild, cats eat the entire kill to get their necessary vitamins and minerals. That has been the long term theory of mine, and I have been raising my cats on raw chicken diet with supplements. Once a while, they get grain free kibbles. As far as I can tell, their coats are shiny and soft, they are alert, happy, normal body weight, and their stools are solid. That are signs of good diet. However, you need to know that some cats just do not do well on a grain-free diet. Like every person has her/his preference in food, cats have it too. You just need to watch them closely and adjust their diet accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment